Monday, September 15, 2014

The Scattering of Seeds



Throughout the growing season, there is a scattering of seeds from all sorts of plants in the garden. There is a cycle of life that supports a spreading and sharing of more life. Life begets life. Once the echinacea flower has completed its summer display of colorful and exquisite blooms, it forms seeds that, when ready, gently float on a breeze to land in a moist and fertile spot for next year's growth. Although the original plant remains in its spot for many more seasons of beauty, it continues to send out the physical embodiment of small, but powerful, sparks for new life each season. This is the essence of many parts of nature, to expand, to grow, to spread. Life sprouts, life flourishes, life propagates.



Nature has a way of demonstrating to us that it is always good to move and spread from one place to another. Creatively and spiritually, we were meant to grow, to branch out, to learn. On our life paths, we move and grow from one experience to another, taking the lessons with us and expanding out to share and teach and advance one step at a time to a place of wisdom and maturity, to a place of wholeness. Just like the plants of our gardens, we are destined to scatter our seeds over the vast plain of experience.



And so, I have decided to embark on a new path of creativity and wonder that I hope will take me to places that inspire and comfort me through the next phase of my life. The Sage Butterfly has provided me with much joy and a wealth of lessons I take with me as I move forward. My garden will remain a sanctuary that I tend and cherish forever--sharing it with those that wish to take a walk with me in the beauty of all that nature provides either through my written words or through the lens of my camera or through a welcomed visit. Gardening and nature are passions that persist and are a part of my soul. There can be no one who truly knows me without knowing my garden or my love for gardening.



I have so enjoyed sharing my garden with you and reading many of your comments over these past few years. You have encouraged me, supported me and inspired me. I wish you all the best with many new plants and flowers ahead. One thing I love about gardening is it seems to be a lifelong master class of which I am an avid student. So now, I join you in that class and in our gardens, watching and waiting and working in that place we love most. Happy gardening!

I am joining Carol of May Dreams Gardens for one last Garden Bloggers Bloom Day.



Note: I will leave The Sage Butterfly up for a while, and you can always find me at my web site, www.michelleaynpotter.com. For a quick visit, click on the photo below to go to my web site.


My best wishes go out to you and yours....

© copyright 2014 Michelle A. Potter

13 comments:

  1. Michelle I am so sad that the Sage Butterfly will be gone soon as I have come to know you through your words and pictures here...you have been greatly missed but I hope you will stay in touch and keep us all posted on how you are doing and what wonderful things you are doing....good luck my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Michelle: I'm tearing up (seriously) at your lovely words and images. And your goodbye. Darn. I wish you would say "maybe." Maybe you'll be back after a while, or maybe you'll start a blog under another name. But you need to do what feels right for you, and it's encouraging to hear that you will continue to garden and take photos. So the world will still be graced with the beauty of your many talents. Best wishes with your new endeavors. Do keep us posted in some way about your activities. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh..... I was so pleased to see a new post from you then realised it was a goodbye.... that's so sad. I had a look at your other site but realise that is not really a blog per se. I hope all is well with you Michelle, and I wish you well with your future endeavours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nooooo! I am going to miss your stunning photography and beautifully penned words which have been such an inspiration! I wish you all the best on the next stage of your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, I will miss your blog so much. I read it faithfully even if I didn't always leave a comment. I will go to your website and hope there is a way of keeping in touch. P. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sad to hear that you are leaving The Sage Butterfly, Michelle. Your beautiful photography and your eloquent prose have been such an inspiration. I wish you all the best and much happiness as you undertake this new journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the macro. Very well taken.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will be missed Michelle but I wish you the best of luck in your new journey. I love how you say that gardening is one lifelong master class. Isn't that the truth!! I've learned so much and continue to learn each day. Your blog is one of those that taught me a lot in the last few years. I'll miss your beautiful photos and sweet words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll miss your lyrical writing and beautiful photography that chart the seasons and evolution of your garden. All the best for your next creative endeavours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drinking Ceylon tea every morning energizes the body and mind, especially Ceylon tea which is not only tasty but healthy too and we deliver the best of it. To buy Ceylon tea Contact Alltime Tea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Buy Online Garden sheds at cheap rates in Newzealand. Buy online garden sheds through toughout garden sheds..
    garden sheds newzealand
    Garden shed
    garden sheds
    cheap garden sheds

    ReplyDelete

'I see trees of green, red roses, too
I see 'em bloom for me and for you
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world'
--What a Wonderful World

Thank you for visiting The Sage Butterfly blog. I enjoy reading your charming reflections very much. Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"